The mission of The Grihastha Vision Team is to support, strengthen, educate and enliven the individuals, couples and families who are or will be involved with the grihastha ashram.
We want to help you spiritualize your marriage and make it an act of seva. Remember, Vaisnava etiquette begins at home.
An important goal for us, is to help each person about to marry, to receive premarital education. The best way to do that would be through one of our team members or trained mentor couples. Marriage mentoring has been proven to raise the success rate in marriage and result in more connected and happy couples. We use our program, From Couple to Couple. It only takes 5 evenings! Couples find the support, skills and shared experiences they get from their mentors invaluable. Mentoring is also useful for couples already married.
What We Do
Couple education and counselling.
We offer a 3 day interactive marriage and family course, Strengthening the Bonds that Free Us, to individuals and couples wherever we are invited. It will also be available as an online course, for those unable to take it in person.
We offer many other seminars, retreats and courses. Contact us and we can customize our presentation for your needs and community.
We train committed happy long term couples to mentor others.
We published a book, Heart and Soul Connection, A Devotional Guide to Marriage Service and Love to offer tools and our shared experience to readers.
We continue to work on:
The Grihastha Vision Team was formed to address the need for a concerted effort to:
- Improve the condition of marriage and family life in the Hare Krishna movement and in society at large.
- Establish a long range plan (vision) for such improvement.
- Increase public awareness of resources, skills and opportunities available to married devotees, those seeking marriage or those who want to assist marriages and families.
- Strengthen, enliven and support children, women and men to have a healthy, peaceful spiritual experience in household life.
- Conduct research to assess needs and check for progress.
- Develop programs for the care and protection of widows and single mothers and their children.
- Implement educational and informational activities to increase public awareness of the benefits of premarital counseling and skill-building training.
- Provide training of mentor couples and to create training courses for lay persons and professionals in parenting and relationship skills.
- Raise funding to accomplish our purpose.
- Publish books and reports, hold meetings and workshops for parenting, marriage and family enrichment.
- Maintain a web site for educational and networking purposes.
- Sponsor other services to strengthen the stability of the family.
- Educate the leadership in the Hare Krishna movement about the benefits of supporting and offering skills to couples and families and preparing the youth in their communities and congregations for healthy family life.
- Show how the various segments of the Hare Krishna community: brahmacharies (unmarried celibate students), grihasthas (married folks and families), vanaprasthas (those retiring from married life) and sannyasis (renounced monks) can cooperate for the progressive development of spiritual life.