The Fourteen Purposes of the GVT
The Grihastha Vision Team was formed to address the need for a concerted effort to:
1. improve the condition of marriage and family life in the Hare Krishna movement and in society at large.
2. establish a long range plan (vision) for such improvement.
3. increase public awareness of resources, skills and opportunities available to married devotees, those seeking marriage or those who want to assist marriages and families.
4. strengthen, enliven and support children, women and men to have a healthy, peaceful spiritual experience in household life.
5. conduct research to assess needs and check for progress.
6. develop programs for the care and protection of widows and single mothers and their children.
7. implement educational and informational activities to increase public awareness of the benefits of premarital education and skill-building training.
8. provide training of mentor couples and to create training courses for lay persons and professionals in parenting and relationship skills.
9. raise funding to accomplish our purpose.
10. publish reports, hold meetings and workshops for parenting, marriage and family enrichment.
11. maintain a web site for educational and networking purposes.
12. sponsor other services to strengthen the stability of the family.
13. educate the leadership in the Hare Krishna movement about the benefits of supporting and offering skills to couples and families and preparing the youth in their communities and congregations for healthy family life.
14. show how the various segments of the Hare Krishna community: brahmacharis (unmarried celibate students), grihasthas (married folks and families), vanaprasthas (those retiring from married life) and sannyasis (renounced monks) can cooperate for the progressive development of spiritual life.