Online courses via Bhaktivedanta College
please register here: https://bhaktivedantacollege.com/grihastha-course/
1. Strengthening the Bonds that Free Us
A comprehensive marriage and family course for couples, before and after marriage, leaders, and everyone concerned. (2-4 Day Formats) Contact us to facilitate this in person for your community.
A condensed course can also be offered on-line in 5 sessions of 2 hours each, usually done weekly.
This training includes in-depth exploration, interactive exercises, role plays, journaling and education in the following areas:
- 12 Principles and Values in alignment with Srila Prabhupada and the sastras
- Roles of Husband and Wife- Gender roles and cultural Norms, Understanding Differences and Expectations
- Readiness for Marriage, Expectations, Compatibility Preparation for Marriage Self-assessment Areas to consider for compatibility
- Communications and Managing Conflict— Healthy Communication: Speaking, Listening, Negotiating, Conflict Resolution, Saboteurs of Healthy Communication 3 Empowering Communication Skills,Making Win-Win Decisions
- Finances Financial responsibility, Prosperity and poverty consciousness, Identifying financial challenges, A Powerful Financial Strategy
- Affection and Intimacy Krsna Conscious Perspectives on Sex Life, Connection and Loving Exchanges
- Serious conflict, Separation and Divorce Danger Signs in Marriage Signs of Abusive Relationships,Conflict Resolution Styles, Legitimate Reasons for Divorce, The Consequences of Divorce, Sustaining Family Relationships
- Children and Parenting Notions of Parenting Patterns and Skills of a Healthy Family, Children’s Needs, Good Discipline: Teaching versus Punishment: Clarity, Appropriateness and Consistency, Parenting Styles, Resources for Parents
- Balanced Lifestyle 1: Personal development/Spirituality
- Balanced Lifestyle 2: Making a social contribution
2. Before Marriage- What I don’t know, I don’t know.
An interactive course for singles contemplating marriage, that can offered in person in your community, or scheduled on-line ,weekly, for your community in 4 sessions. If you can provide a translator, we have facilitated this in many languages.
- Am I ready?
- Men/Women psychology
- Pacing a relationship
- Are we compatible?
- Skills needed
3. From Couple to Couple Mentor Training
Additional Workshops offered:
If you would like GVT members to offer seminars in your location, or via zoom, please contact us.